As we set our intentions let's break down the difference. Goals are focused on the future. Intentions are in the present moment. Goals are a destination or specific achievement. Intentions are lived each day, independent of achieving the goal.
As coraliesawruk.medium.com states
Goals: “An aim or desired result”.
Intention: “Something that you want and plan to do”. In essence: the process you go through until you get to “what you concretely achieve”. Which is your Goal!!
Setting intentions is the act of stating what you intend to accomplish through your actions. It’s a commitment to what you want the journey to be about as you move on or move up.
Seems simple right?
NOPE........At times we are so committed to others we forget about ourselves. ESPECIALLY if you are a giver. We tend to lack the ability to Love on ourselves. Which is why all you really need is a good reset.
How to Set Intentions:
1. CREATE A MANTRA
I like to Repeat the 5 principles of Reiki, which are all focus on the NOW!!!
Just for today, I will let go of Anger, I will let go of worry, I will be grateful for my blessings, I will do my work honestly, I will be kind to everything.
2. SHARE YOUR INTENTION WITH A FRIEND Meaning its time to go to your alter and pray to your spirit guides, your ancestors and God.
3. VERBALLY SHARE YOUR INTENTION WITH YOURSELF Look crazy and talk to yourself its ok to remind yourself.
4. CREATE A RITUAL Take time to focus on those moment that bring you to a happy place and then create a ritual for at least 7 days.
5. MEDITATE No you don't need to be there for hours. If your a newbie take your time start small. 10-15 minutes goes a long way.
6. PRACTICE GRATITUDE
PERIOD, Be thankful for the now and what you have in the now.
7. ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT, THEN LET GO DO NOT DWELL, change or rearrange in your head on that intention. This is why its important to meditate so you can focus on now.
8. REMIND YOURSELF DAILY Who the Heck you are.........DAILY
9. CONSIDER HOW YOU’LL FEEL Think of how you feel when you get that moment. If thats not how your not feeling in this moment, in the now....Its time to go back to 3-8!!!!
10. WRITE IT DOWN THE NIGHT BEFORE Journaling is a ritual! It helps create reality through your own sacred text.
Now lets set your intentions!!!